Wednesday, June 21, 2023

 My latest trick is to move papers from one side of my desk to the other. Then I feel that I have accomplished **something**.

I just started a book called "Elderflora: A Modern History of Ancient Trees. The author is obviously brilliant. He uses words like phytocentric and dendrochronologists and apocalypticism. In spite of this, this rather thick brick of a book is exceptional. Perhaps he can write my thesis for me. 

People, I have to get serious. I have distracted myself enough. ENOUGH. I've even lost my keys twice, the second time for real. At least we have a new midwife in the practice so I'm getting a bit of a break there. 

Tonight I will dance with my people. And all will be well. Dance=life. 

5 comments:

Sabine said...

Every thesis I had to write since college was done in a last minute dash late into the night, next morning, ie the morning of the deadline. I think this is when the brain works best.
You'll get there.

Ms. Moon said...

And dance = prayer.

beth coyote said...

Thank you Sabine-I will take your comments to heart. I spent the day with a transcribed interview I did a few months ago and it had me in tears. What remarkable women we are...

beth coyote said...

Mary-yes, that's right.

Elizabeth said...

I'm quietly pulling for you to finish! I have a good friend from college who's in Paris, trying to finish her thesis for a philosophy degree, and she tells similar stories.