Friday, June 30, 2023

Dear darllings-

First off, Clark is back from the wilds of Maine so I have my swim buddy back. I might go to a 'prom' with him tomorrow night. Any excuse to dance, I say. 

I just yelled at the dog again for getting on my bed. He will NEVER learn. Never, Just like when he drops the ball after he's retrieved it and leaves it under a tree way down yonder. And poodles are supposed to be smart. He knows I'm mad at him but he doesn't know why. Sheesh.

In a few weeks, I marry Diane. The mere thought of it makes me weepy. And I have to say words. In front of her and my immediate family. It's just too much. And she will say words back to me. How can I possibly get through it without becoming a complete puddle? After all these years. At least I won't do something stupid like wear makeup that would run down my face. 

Very warm here. The lake is delicious. 

Oh, just reminded that it's the 4th. UG. War zone time in the hood. Poor Felix and the birds and other creatures.  

I have actually written through one interview and am part-way through another. My rule-no writing homework after evening. Then I can do what I want. Lately, I'd like to do a full moon swim. Sounds fun, right? I just have to convince a few other to come with me. Yeah!

Much love always.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

You are SUPPOSED to become a puddle in a situation like that. It's okay. Have a handkerchief in your pocket and don't be afraid to use it. Congratulations!
I'm so glad your swim buddy is back. And he dances too!
Loving you, my darling.

Sabine said...

How I wish I could be by a lake to swim at full moon! Enjoy!