Friday, February 11, 2022

 Dear ones-

Life has gotten busy. Lots of sitting practice, chaplaincy starting in a month, my family coming to town for my birthday (hooray!), groups I facilitate, whew. 

And my dear Sara's mother died so she was in Texas dealing with everything and we were catching babies and seeing mommas in the clinic and I'm about to take three days of call, oh boy. 

Makes me think I should finally retire...how long will I say that, I wonder?

Spring is starting to spring here. Daffs, crocuses, buds on the daphne and Japanese maple. The lake is only 40 degrees so no swimming yet although I know Clark is watching the temps closely. I can hardly imagine squashing into my wetsuit and getting into water so cold my hands freeze. 

Fridays at the pool they turn on the water slide for the last 10 minutes of our lap swim. All us old, infirm etc folks climb up the long ladder and jet on down  with much squealing and yelping. Very satisfying. 

Well, I must go and find a reading for the meditation tonight. 

May you all be well and safe and filled with joy.

5 comments:

am said...

Yep! Spring! The Canada Geese have been arriving along with Wood Ducks, a pair of Green-winged Teals, and Buffleheads.

Thank you always for the kind thoughts.

37paddington said...

Catching babies and ushering her mama out on the other end of life. The cycle goes on and on, and we are ravaged and redeemed by it. Be well, Beth.

Ms. Moon said...

Ah, love! I have a friend in Winter Haven whom I write weekly. We've been friends since high school and this was the year he was going to retire.
Ha! I think he's busy as ever. He, however, is not a midwife but an attorney. And yet- he too has a sitting practice and has for many decades.
I hope that if any babies come while you are on watch, they arrive swiftly and easily for the sake of you, their mamas, and themselves.

Elizabeth said...

I hope to be there tomorrow. It's good to hear you're so busy doing all the Bethings. I'm wondering what day is your birthday? I wish that I could make you a cake.

beth coyote said...

Elizabeth! I would fall to my knees for one of your cakes. I could even share if I had to.

XXXXX

Mary once sent me pickled okra. Divine.