Monday, January 31, 2022

 Dear friends-

I have a new tenant. Her name is Emily and she is a partner in the midwifery practice. She's young and bright and full of energy. She remembers way more than I ever will. Or could. Our 'boss' Sara has left for Texas to disconnect her mother from life support. We are scrambling to figure out the call schedule and the patient shuffle. Poor Sara. Such a heavy burden. Her mother was her guiding light. Her mother and I are the same age. It's so interesting to contemplate, our demise. When? And how? 

Dealing with some aches and pains which have not kept me from the swimming pool, thank the baby Jesus. I have visited a nice young PT who has me doing exercises with stretchy things. Humbling. The aging body and mind. 

I'm wondering if there is a person or persons who could advise me about heating this old house. The gas furnace is looking geriatric and only heats the front of the house, the living room and kitchen. The back of the house has electric wall heaters that are mostly inadequate. I have solar panels and could have some monstrous healing system back there because my electric bill is nominal. I wear my coat in the house and heat my bed with a mattress warmer (yummy). Still I feel very 17th century with bundling up in the house. Judith lives on a houseboat and that's cold! She's always got her down coat on. 

I'm grateful for the cold. Especially when I think about the dreadful heat we had last year and will again.

My children and grandchild are visiting for my birthday in February. I am beyond happy about that. I have traveled back and forth to California numerous times and now it's their turn to visit me. The only thing I want to do besides cook and eat and hang out is go to the Korean spa for a few hours to get scrubbed and massaged and soaked. And eat Korean waffles roll-ups (divine). 

This might be an appalling post but such is my life. 

Last week:




 

4 comments:

Susan from the Pacific Northwest said...

We had in floor electric heating which was horribly inefficient. We replaced it with split minis in parts of the house. The are very energy-efficient and wevreally like them.https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/residential

Ms. Moon said...

Life can change on a dime, can't it? It's good that you have a tenant and one that you know and whom you are comfortable with.
I have no heating advice except to get a good system. It is one thing to be cold in our twenties, thirties, forties...
Another now.
Thank you for the lovely picture of the new life, new love.
You are amazing.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that you have a tenant. You amaze me, Beth, in every way. I'm inspired to go to a physical therapist -- perhaps that would help my knee? And that picture is sublime.

beth coyote said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm looking into it.

Mary XXXOOO

Elizabeth-Yes! PT. Especially a young perky PT with a man bun.
What's not to like?