Wednesday, November 11, 2020

 Here today I'm gonna swear off stress reading CNN/NYT for further damage, destruction etc. I will write to Georgian voters to show up for the runoff. I will go back to the massage therapist (Dan) who I found on Google in my neighborhood. He untangled my messed up shoulder by leaning heavily into my spasming trapezius and upper arm with his very large biceps. I whimpered a bit but didn't stop him. I could barely move my arm when I went into his studio. He was very knowledgeable about US politics and racism and all so he regaled me with stories, which I found strangely soothing. 

The body doesn't lie. 

Meditation is not always the answer. We also have to get off our butts and work for change, in our neighborhoods, with our fellow humans. The United Way is back to offer more food related volunteer opportunities. I'm going to the 'food forest' to dig and plant and prep for next year. The food forest is a public garden in a 'food desert' in my neighborhood where anyone can come and take food, for free. I have plenty of food. I have plenty. 

I will continue to do what I can. After four ruinous years, there's so much we can attend to. No such thing as retirement. Nope. 


She has come to live in my living room next to my altar. She Who Hears the Cries of the World. 

Peace and love always. 

4 comments:

am said...

Yes. Peace and love.

Ms. Moon said...

You are a blessing to this world.

Sabine said...

A shared garden is such a wonderful idea. A big step beyond the seed biombs.

Have a look at this imagination sundial for more: https://www.robhopkins.net/2020/06/30/introducing-the-imagination-sundial/

Elizabeth said...

I love what you said about meditation and action and retirement. Thank you for putting it into urgent words.