Wednesday, August 05, 2020

My very bad dog tore up the living room carpet, the kilim I bought with real money from a friend. I cut off all the long bits and vacuumed the fluff and you can hardly see the damage. But he is a bad dog and I don't know why he decided today was the day after I've had this carpet for MONTHS. Sometimes I despair of ever having stuff that hasn't been barfed on, clawed up, chewed up, etc. 

Remind me why we have animals, why???

I knew as soon as I opened the door that something was amiss. He looked...guilty. You know the look. He's like, uh oh, I think I did something I wasn't supposed to do, I just can't remember what, it was so long ago (like an hour). Jeezus Felix. 

My friend just moved into a houseboat. Super cool. I went over there and we talked about everything that needs fixing, sprucing up. Then we went for a swim, right off her dock. It doesn't get better than that. Well, it was hella expensive so I can only dream. But delighted for her good fortune. Some of us work for Microsoft. Some of us are midwives. 

I'm hoping it rains tonight so I don't have to water. A gardener's lament. 

                                                  The Very Bad Dog


5 comments:

My life so far said...

Bloody dogs. We tried leaving our new rescue out of her kennel for the day while we were at work, came home to a small amount of destruction. She also ate our rug. Sigh.

Ms. Moon said...

Dogs can be incredibly destructive. I say this with the sure knowledge of grim experience. Cats seem to move about their world in a quieter way. They don't seem to have the need to modify their surroundings as much.
As with children, though, its a good thing that dogs are so cute.
A houseboat...
Dreamy dream.

Elizabeth said...

I have a writer friend who's lived on a houseboat in Portland for many, many years. You might know her, too, actually, since she had a blog for many years. I had the chance to visit her not too long ago, and it was like a fantasy.

Your dog is adorable, but thank you for reminding me why I haven't yet gotten a new one.

Sabine said...

My cats have destroyed carpets too. Just by vomiting. And scratching.

Radish King said...

Felix is so very pretty with a gleam in his eye. XO