Thursday, April 30, 2020

It's Thursday, I think. Just listened to this: https://www.thisamericanlife.org/699/fiasco

Please enjoy. Peter Pan and squirrels on fire.

Went walking with my friend Nancy. We talked about food, Trump (bleh), hair, peonies. The dog ran around continually losing the ball and finding it again. I have an appointment with the dog groomer on May 15th. I'm pretty sure I won't have to explain the state of my dog.

The garden is glorious. The lilacs are on the way out, the peonies are about to open. The lettuce is the size of my thumb.

My sewing machine went tits up after 70 masks but I borrowed my neighbor's so I'm back at it.

News flash-I went to the senior hours at my local coop yesterday. And I spent way too much money but I rationalized that I was out of everything and I won't be back for another 6 weeks. I had salmon and cauliflower mash for lunch. I am so grateful to be healthy right now. So grateful to have the great good fortune to live in Seattle with a good and sensible governor who is caring for us.

Blessings on everyone.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree. Governor Inslee has done a wonderful job leading us through this. It is nice to have real leadership when so many others are out there showing their butts. I am very grateful to have moved from Georgia last year. Though it's hard to watch knowing the tsunami that will likely hit my home town very soon. The garden is wonderful. Can you tell me where it is?

Ms. Moon said...

I listened to that podcast on advice from a friend of mine and it is hysterical.
I wish we had a governor that was taking care of us instead of taking all of his cues from the orange one.

beth coyote said...

Hi Lisa-I live in the South Beacon Hill neighborhood. This is my garden. I'm just up from the Rainier Beach light rail off Cloverdale, if you know the city at all. South end, that's me. So sorry for your hoe town. People are so delusional.

Mary dear. You can stay safe in spite of of your gov, who is an idiot. The photos from the Florida beaches are so frightening. although I get it. Being cooped uo ain't no fun, just ask the chickens. ;-).