Thursday, April 09, 2020

It has been a glorious day here, with bright blue skies and just enough warmth to make you want to lie down in the grass. Felix and I took a very steep trail under power lines away from the crowds at our favorite park.


We were in our park a few days ago and headed into the woods where there were no people. Sounds of a woodpecker and eagles. 

Lots of fancy pleasure boats on the lake. Poor poor rich people. Going to their second home or private island to wait out the plague. Read that (of course) Black and Brown folks are dying at greater rates, no health insurance, poorer health, etc. 


Then there's this. If you don't know Randy Rainbow, please familiarize yourselves. 

My friend Rachel delivered care packages to each of her friends today. She brought me a jigsaw puzzle of Harriet Tubman and two Dharma books. Kenny, my bearded queer neighbor, helped me put my Adirondack chairs out in the yard. 

And I put a Gratitude List poster in my window-for first responders, childcare workers, food service folks, our governor,  and kind neighbors. 

May we all be held in the greatest kindness and love. 

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

You are an inspiration, Beth. Sounds like you had a good day and I'm glad. We need to cherish those.
Randy Rainbow is a fucking genius.