Sunday, January 11, 2015

True Life Stories

One of our mommas had her baby in 50 minutes this morning. Yes, that's all. Start to finnish. Her husband was putting the older kids in the car to drive all of them to the birth center and the momma was in the bathroom and whoops, out came the baby. It be's this way sometimes.

A wee girl.

Of course we missed it. I'm hoping they get right on the development of teleportation. Would really save time.

This morning at dance there was this gorgeous guy who was a remarkable dancer. We were all swooning. I'm not even straight but listen, human beauty is beauty all the same. And the way he moved, uh huh. Be still my beating heart.

(((((((sigh))))))

I'm not even sure he knows we were all gobsmacked. I mean, we were acting ridiculous. Maybe he goes around the world leaving everyone in a stunned state.

Languid. In thrall.

Peggy has agreed to host my birthday party. I have no decent house. And Sara has never had an adult birthday party and she's a week ahead of me so we're going to shower her with giant cakes and dance music and general merriment.

Have a righteous week this coming week. Study MLK. He is our wise man.

“Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”

6 comments:

Birdie said...

50 minutes! Did she end up going to the birthing centre or did she just stay home? I think it would be lovely to just crawl back into bed and have your baby at your breast. Breastfeeding my babies. That is one thing I will miss until my dying day.

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could have seen the dancer.

And as for MLK -- I'm thinking that I'd like to take a course or at least learn everything, absolutely everything, about civil disobedience.

Ms. Moon said...

Bless the mama's who just get it done.
If I'd been one of them, I'd probably have ten kids instead of just four.

Betsy MacWhinney said...

yikes, 50 minutes. There's something sad and sweet about that. What is it? Giving birth alone in the bathroom. That's it.

Lisa said...

I had my first child in 45 minutes, start to finish. I'd been to the classes and was expecting hours and hours. Forget Lamaze. When it happens that fast there is no break in the contractions.

beth coyote said...

No birth center happened. We just went to her house and cleaned up the mess.

MLK was an amazing man. I recently rented a two part CD of archived speeches, marches and commentary from him. Absolutely amazing, his firm conviction that non-violence was the ONLY response, even in the face of the horrors that were happening.

Mary-right? After my second kid, I said, I never wanna do THAT again. Sheesh.

Betsy-and a story bubbles up about that particular birth and becomes legend in the family...

Lisa-Lordy.