Saturday, January 31, 2015

Last night a bunch of us met at the U Lutheran Church for Teen Feed. We made a ridiculous (no really) amount of minestrone soup, salad, toasted cheese sandwiches and hot cider. And James baked 6 dozen cookies. And we fed the people. The beautiful people who came in and wanted this, but not that but please more hot apple cider and about 11 more cookies.

Look in their eyes and send them love. Feed them warm food. One lad came back for more soup and said, "it's cold out tonight'.

Yes, it is in January.

Bless them and keep them safe.

And we cleared out in time for the women to come in to sleep there. The homeless women.

I stop us now, wherever I am, with friends, lunch, dinner, wherever and ask that we remember those who aren't as fortunate as we to have food every day and a place to sleep that is warm and safe. Maybe just this day everyone can be safe and warm and fed.

I always wish I could do more. For now, this is enough.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

If we all did just a little bit...
And do I?
No.
You are one of my heros, dear Beth. I hope you know that.

Sabine said...

Thank you for doing this and for reminding me about what needs to be done.