Friday, June 12, 2020


Today we walked in silence for Black Lives Matter. In the rain. It rained steadily the whole way. Nobody complained.  It was a march for mourning. Then the sun came out.

Thousands of us, all colors. Many children. Small groups in the neighborhoods holding signs at intersections. Everywhere. All over the country.

Meanwhile, the asshole is taking away the right to healthcare from our transgender loved ones. How to hold what is here, is happening. How to hold the pain and beauty. How to hold the anger and fear.

Today, I got no answers. I don't think I ever did. Do small deeds with great love.

Folks were passing out homemade cookies. In the rain. Small deed. Great love.

3 comments:

am said...

Yes. Great visible and invisible presence of love throughout the world in a time of great mourning.

Ms. Moon said...

I know we're not supposed to hate.
However, it surely is easy to hate that asshole.
Meanwhile, yes, love. But not for him.

Bohemian said...

Small deeds done with Great Love always matter! I have a Transgender Grandson so I wonder exactly what types of Health Care they will be denied? It's so Inhumane.