Monday, June 15, 2020




Let me explain. The top photo is my current situation with the living room ceiling. Yes, I'm painting the beams (too damn dark) and the plaster which is cracked and old an horrible and a fucker to paint. Then there are the walls and trim (hahahahahahahahahahahahaha). I'll be done eventually.

The rest of the house looks like hell. No one cares. No one come over except to stand around outside.

The beauty is Kubota gardens, started before WWII by a gardener, Mr Kubota, who was interned during the war. He came home and continued stocking the koi pond and tending the gorgeous greenery. When he died, his family left the garden to the city.

This is where we practice Tai chi. It's more beautiful than you can imagine.

Be well, dear ones.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Your house is beautiful and I can't believe you're painting! What a task!
Those gardens are better than any church on earth. I can only imagine how holy it must feel to be there.

Bohemian said...

That Garden is Magnificent! I stalled on my Painting and Wallpapering Projects during Lock Down, it's not a pleasant task, is it? The peel n stick Wallpapers are awesome prints, mine is faux old brick and looks like the real deal, and so much easier than the old paste Wallpaper, but I've presently got 1/3 of a Wall done and haven't been ambitious to finish it. Your Home is lovely and I'm sure when you're done with your Project it's going to make you feel so accomplished.