Monday, January 13, 2020

Dears,

It's snowing here and we're all contemplating alternative routes to work, if there is work or school tomorrow. In advance of the snow, I went  to the Safeway. What a mistake. Huge lines and  I had to wonder if I really needed rice crackers (yes they still taste like cardboard) and a yam. The guy behind me said he would continue to gain weight stuck in the house. He had  yogurt dipped pretzels, two kinds of Ben and Jerry's and a whole lotta other stuff. I didn't mean to be nosy but I'm pretty sure there weren't any vegetables in his cart.

I sent out a big email with the update on my 70th birthday. Next month. On the Oregon coast. Folks are coming from far and wide. Bad poetry night, game night, a treasure hunt and so forth. Plus dogs and kids. And my brother and sister, what's left of the siblings. Much food will be  consumed too.

A cross section of people are coming: gay, straight, trans, POC,  Jewish, Buddhist, agnostic, a woman who is a zoo keeper for gorillas (surely a faith-based occupation).

Snow is still falling. I do love it.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

The mountain looked splendid this afternoon when I walked down to the library. I went to Grocery Outlet because it is usually less crowded than Safeway. It was a mad house this afternoon. I was glad that all I needed was treats for the cats. Happy early birthday. I hope that your party is wonderful.

Ms. Moon said...

Oh Beth! I know that your birthday is going to be an earth-changing event!

37paddington said...

Gatherings at which such a wonderful cross section of humans come together in love are where the magic of our universe lies. Happy upcoming birthday.

Sabine said...

You will have such a wonderful celebration! But I do hope that the snow will be gone by then.

I never liked snow and I grew up with plenty of it. Anyway, enjoy it.

Tara said...

Beautiful image. I'm learning to live in snow country, having recently moved from California to Colorado. There are tricks of the trade, for sure. Like keeping a well-stocked freezer and pantry to avoid the rush on grocery stores prior to a big snow.

I hope your snow is gone by now and that you have a wonderful birthday celebration!