Sunday, January 15, 2012




Sunday mornings I go dancing for two hours, then a hot tub, then lunch. Today it was a blizzard for about an hour, no really! See?

But. The best part. As I walked along in the hood, I was grinning because everyone was outside, building snowmen and playing with their children and dogs. One man built a lying-down snowman who was tied by twine to little snowmen, Gulliver's Travels style.

But wait. The best part. A man walked ahead of me on Broadway in a full length fur coat and Russian style hat and black boots. I turned to look at him as I passed and he was pretty near NAKED underneath. His coat was open. He had a criss-cross leather strap on his chest and a leather, um, codpiece on his area and thats it. Two girls asked him if he was cold and he said nope cuz he had a hat on. Well, of course.

Anyway, I fell down only once. I walked for about 113 miles and came home with wet boots. I love snow. And naturally, there are three ladies in labor tonight. The babies think it's funny to wait until the weather is interesting (snow storm, hurricane, 60 mile an hour winds) to make their grand entrance. Silly babies!!!

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Snow? Dancing? Men in codpieces under fur coats? Babies coming...
To such a world. Such a world.

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

Saw a similar guy to that in Ithaca one day when we were down at the Greenstar coop. It was Halloween so we were hoping he was dressed up for that. Waist length hair, no shirt, miniskirt(really short and barely covered the necessities) with overall straps, knee highs and sandals. He had a 2 yr old in the cart that looked like he had not had a diaper change in 3 days. After that Dave said if I wanted to go to Greenstar I would have to go with Nancy Cihon......