Thursday, January 26, 2012


I have been remiss. I know. What with digging out and burning toast and the like. Tonight I go dancing again with my dance people. We take off our shoes and we let the music enter and we move around the room. I close my eyes a lot and go into an alternate reality. Like an acid trip in the Deep South without the sliver fish and Spanish moss. Humid, sensual, a bit slithery.

Holly and I went to Tiger Mountain and found this. All along 'our' trail, the Lingering Trail. At least 20 downed trees. We weren't hiking, we were on an obstacle course. Eventually Holly said the trees were 'spiraling' in the wind and we'd be clobbered for sure so we came back out.

My new life: hiking and dancing and swimming.

Amen.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Sounds pretty all right to me.
And my Lord! You know I love the picture of that baby.

beth coyote said...

That's Paloma. She's gorgeous.

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

Paloma looks like she is still in utero with her hands up there like that. So beautiful....