Saturday, April 23, 2011

I walked six miles today and now I feel virtuous. I even shaved my legs, a biannual affair. All of us were outside in the warmth and sun and flowers bursting and so forth. I came home and made pesto. I found asparagus which I will broil with coarse salt, lemon and olive oil. O, it is a good day. If I had the strength, I'd haul the Adirondack chairs from the garage and sit in one. At this point, I'd probably drop a chair on my foot. It's better to wait for a stronger, younger person to do it, like Deb's son.

Yesterday, two girls were born. One after the other. I don't talk about my work here much but I love delivering babies. I do. Even if I get a twisted back and a stiff neck. And I lose sleep. I was meant to do it. And I'm lucky to do what I love for a living. I know it.

I'm drinking a good red in my only wine glass and I feel special. It's the sun. It makes me feel oddly optimistic.

No comments: