Saturday, September 23, 2023

 Dear ones-

So grateful it 's raining. We'e actually in a drought. 

Life is, in a word, insane. Two midwives for the whole clinic is not ideal, to say the least. I did say no to my partner yesterday so I could write. I think I might be at the point where I can call my thesis 'good' because we have a form to fill out that states we are 80%, 40% etc done... I think I'm at 85% done. I have no idea if my APA formatting is ok (don't ask). I still have a few appendices to complete. I sent what I have to two friends to read. One of them is way smarter than me and way more eloquent about Buddhist principles as they inform her life. I just write about how it feels to swim in very cold water and gratitude for my little life. And the love I give and receive. If I would say anything about my 27 year practice of meditation, it's that. 

Then there are the baby boys. Omar and Edvin. 

Well, there's another momma in labor today. We'll see about that and when she needs attention. 

ALT ER LOVE

XX Luminous Cloud

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my post yesterday. What hit home so hard for me was that I, too, decided to do what I could to end the cycle of shitty families. You and I have both done that. We have nurtured our families into being, if not perfect because whose is? but loving.
Loving.
And very full of laughter.
Speaking of laughter- I have to crack up at the idea of writing a thesis on Buddhist principles in AP format. What? I think that Buddha would be laughing his chubby cheeks off at the very thought. I obviously understand nothing. I am not even a grasshopper (remember that show?). I am a garden slug, a pesky mosquito, a snack for a hungry bird.
I love you!