Monday, September 05, 2022

 Dear friends-

I am frankly stalling. I leave for my mountain trail building week on Friday. The grapes are all ripe at once, of course and I have to pick and prepare them for ?? jelly?? when I get back from the mountains. I've been harvesting thyme, drying it and grinding it up for use. And I promised a blueberry pie to friends before Thursday. My rakusa is coming along (all hand sewing, mind you) and I have to write a paper or two before I leave. Ghaaa. 

Anxiety rising in this moment. After writing to throw myself into my darling lake. Fixes everything. 

Wedding plans coming along. Diane is the queen of organizing, unlike me. Well, I managed to get in an application for a spot on the lake, a bath house with a nice little beach. 

Eden will do food, no music except for Clark singing. Very simple please. Our rings came and they're very pretty. 

After we say 'I do', everyone can go for a swim. I know I will. 

I can feel the plant world withdrawing into themselves as fall approaches. Can't you? 

                  

                        Woods                  by Louise Bozan

I part the out thrusting branches and come in beneath

the blessed and blessing trees

Though I am silent

there is singing around me

Though I am dark

there is vision around me

Though I am heavy

there is flight around me

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

First off- what is a rakusa? I googled it and got nothing that you have to sew.
Here in North Florida I am waiting for that morning when I wake up and go outside and feel fall coming. It hasn't really happened yet. It will. I am grateful in that knowledge.
It will work. It will all happen. One way or another these things always do. You know that. With love, all things are possible.

Elizabeth said...

I'm still missing the wedding/married part. How did I miss this? In any case, on this hotter than hell day in southern California, your blog header photo is a balm. I wish that I could jump in your lake and swim with you.

am said...

"I can feel the plant world withdrawing into themselves as fall approaches."

This time of year is a beautiful mystery. Love is the constant.

Good to be able to swim in times like these (-: