Tuesday, July 26, 2022

 It's summer hot here today and I'm volunteering at Kubota gardens, one of my favorite places. It's normal hot here today, unlike other parts of the country. 

Pulling weeds is what I can do. Following the news is painful so I avoid it. The NYT is my source, already a week old. I read once that a man in the outback of Alaska came into town once a year for supplies and he was given the daily papers from the previous year, all the news that was a year old. He started with January one and went through each day with a year old paper. How would that be? Knowing what happened the year before, thinking about it with no recourse to fret about it (well, I suppose you could) but it was all in the past. I don't think I could read the daily paper from 2021 without breaking down. Or maybe I'd just stick to the crosswords and Wordle and what the celebrities are up to. You know, Spanks and designer clothes and the Oscars. Really important stuff. 

My AC is a beautiful thing. 

Well, I better go get my gardening jam on. A hat. Sunscreen. Sandals. I already have my bathing suit on for later. 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Since you don't read the paper, you need to go online and listen to Joni Mitchell sing "Both Sides Now" at the Newport Folk Festival. So so good.

Ms. Moon said...

I do feel like the frog in the pot on the stove sometimes. The temperature of the water is lovely and as it increases, we don't even realize it until we do and by then it's too late because essentially, we are cooked.
Are we cooked? It sure feels like it.
Thank goodness for weeding.