Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Well, then.

The day cleared up after a bit of rain. I worked (!) all day on Zoom with clients because our dear Abby, one of the midwife/naturopaths has taken off to California. Her father died suddenly on Tuesday and we are all bereft without her. And we don't know why he died. Whatever the reason, we are collectively sad for and with her.

I got called back in to work (virtually) and offered to be backup at births if need be. I'd only go covered in PPE and sit away from the action with the computer recording the doings. And I'l help clean up. Apparently they had 8 births in 7 days last week. It's slowed down this week but hey, it's only Tuesday.

The rest of the week is more Zoom meetings with clients. I've been wanting more work, but not like this. I must say, it's given shape to my day.

Felix is getting a real haircut tomorrow, praise the baby jesus. I cut off his topknot and tail fluff and he looks really terrible. I'm not kidding. His head looks all small and his body just looks...weird. The groomer is out in the boonies and does one dog a day. He'll be bathed and clipped and shaved and combed. If you even want to know about poodle maintenance, feel free to ask me. It's a real thing. Why didn't I just get a normal dog? Oh yeah, the shedding and drooling. I'm more of a shedder and drooler myself.

Time to walk these old bones into the sun, which shines on all of us sinners and saints alike.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

There's so much going on that we never really could have imagined. Was it only a few months ago that I was saying, "Well. It's not the bubonic plague and besides that, we have science!"?
Yeah. It was.
Turns out that no, it's not the bubonic plague and yes, we have science but a new virus can fuck things up anyway.
Stay safe, darling.

beth coyote said...

Thank you, dear Mary. it comforts me to know i can call you occasionally.