Saturday, February 02, 2019

You know you're really sick when:

You can't tell if it's 7 in the morning or 7 at night.
Food is tasteless, no matter how much you usually enjoy it.
You call the naturopath in your office and ask her to check on you periodically to be sure you haven't died.
You wish you had died.
You think you might still.
You step on a pile of dog shit in your bare feet while coming into the kitchen. It wasn't his fault. He hadn't been let out due to the aforementioned time confusion.
Um, and that was COLD dog shit.
You toss kleenex on the floor and by morning, there is quite a pile.
Your counters are clogged with Vitamin C, lemon juice, Nyquil, immune tincture, etc etc.
Your optimism has disappeared that 'this time' you weren't going to get really sick and it would just blow over after a few days. HA!
Your intercostals ache from coughing.
You get in the hot tub DURING THE DAY and who the hell cares who sees you.
You are streaming all the Harry Potter movies, and that's about 19 hours, folks.

I will probably live this time. I tell you, it was touch and go last night. You know, that dark night of the soul when you wake up to heave yourself out of bed to pee and cough and you think that one of these times, you'll just give it up. Let Jayzus take me in his everlovin' arms. I'm still here and on to the 4th installment of HP.

I'm sure this has nothing to do with visiting my lawyer to get my will and advanced directives re-written. Nothing at all.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I tell you what- I had a mild version of whatever it is that you're suffering and it made me vow to get a flu shot next year. So, yeah.
IT SUCKS!!!!!!
I need to get my affairs in order. This won't be nearly as hard as trying to convince my beloved that he needs to do the same. He's immortal. Just ask him.
Hang in there, baby. You'll survive. But if it gets too gnarly, go to the doctor. You could develop a secondary infection as you well know.
I love you.

am said...

Sending love. Hope your good health returns soon. This winter's cold took me down, too. Your list is much like mine was. Coincidentally, I am also working on updating my will and advanced directives.

Elizabeth said...

Oh god, I am so sorry. I hope that by the time I type this comment, you are restored. Be well.

Sabine said...

Oh Beth how gruesome. I hope you are better, at least a little bit, by now.

Linda Sue said...

I had to take an advil after I read your symptoms, my god, you are ill! Sending well wishes on thought waves to you, be well, be well. We just got our wills completed and I feel so great about it! I can die feeling great!

37paddington said...

Oh dear, you are really sick. I hope by now this has passed, and that you are on the leeward side of things. And yes, nothing at all to do with your responsible visit to your lawyer. I need to do the same.