Friday, February 23, 2018

Oh dear. Yesterday, I said to Felix, the power poodle, that I was so tired of fighting with him. When he's on his leash, he practically pulls my arm out of the socket so that I have a perpetually sore shoulder and neck. After today's chiropractic appointment, I went to the pet store and bought him a harness instead of a collar as I had heard that this might help. I asked the nice older lady about 'anti-anxiety' meds or something as I have been using homeopathics with no discernible difference in his behavior.

She recommended CBD drops or in coconut oil. Whaaaa???? So I'm game. She tells me how much to give him and 'You can't give him too much!' And there's no way he will be stoned... I believed her. I dutifully measured out a teaspoon in his food and he gulped it right down.

Oh dear. My dog is high. Right now. He's standing and swaying in the living room. I feel so guilty. I've told him it'll wear off soon. No really, he's staring out the window and swaying a little. He's looking confused too.

I've done a terrible thing. He is wagging his tale when I talk to him but he's definitely not my normal hyperactive, loony tunes dog. I wish I could enjoy this moment of peace but I just feel guilty.

PS. It's snowing here and so pretty.

I am such a bad dog owner. Bad, bad.


5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

No you are not a bad dog owner. Please! You followed the advice of a so-called expert.
And it won't hurt your dog one bit to have been stoned.
Did you ever read any of my posts about the time my dogs got into the dark-chocolate espresso beans and literally bounced off the walls all night long?
They lived for many, many (too many) years afterwards.
Chocolate will not kill your dog nor will CBD.
Trust me, my love.

37paddington said...

Poor Felix. Maybe he likes the feeling but is just confused? You seem to be suffering more than he is.

Sabine said...

Could be worse. You probably made him happy in a weird new way.

My life so far said...

Oh my goodness I laughed so hard when I read this. Too funny. He'll be fine.

My dog likes to pull and I use this system below. It works quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP16gk6raag

Mel said...

You are not a bad dog owner! I could use some doggy downers here too. Tucker has torn my rotator cuff and is a chronic unmanageable puller on leash. We have to use a gentle leader, costs about $15 but works great. It goes across the nose, like a horse halter, which makes him stick his head between our legs to try and rub it off, but once walking he is great and so easy to control. Harnesses were of no use with our beast, especially when he is in hyper protective mode. Good luck, and happy Belated Birthday!