Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sweet Rosemary, my daughter's friend from college, is a real estate agent now and she came over and looked at my huge house and made notes and lists and said, sure, sure in the most comforting way. Meanwhile my head was spinning and floating with detritus; what if I convert the garage into an apartment and then I'd have two renters so I could stay here, but wait, I don't want to stay here. The upkeep, the expense of painting, roof, yard, etc etc etc.

So this morning she sent me a photo of a house on the very street I want to live on, south of here, backing the greenbelt, fireplace (o joy), small lot, smaller house, o yes. We're gonna go look at it this morning. The bank thinks I might qualify for my current house AND a new house so my mortgage would be a million dollars (here hyperventilating begins) but Rosemary said I could come to her house for dinner.

I don't want to think for a moment about packing and moving. I've been here for 13 years. Enough time to gather way too much stuff.

7 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

"...so my mortgage would be a million dollars (here hyperventilating begins) but Rosemary said I could come to her house for dinner."
That made me laugh.

Oh honey! Yes! Yes! Yes!
May it be everything you want and then may it be yours.

Sabine said...

Exciting stuff, I always loved moving. And as you are going to stay in the same city: easy.
Hope it all works out!

A said...

Sounds like some possible magic!

Lisa said...

Take your time. Pack slowly, comtemplating what you really want to have around you. When you're done you will be happy.

Betsy MacWhinney said...

You can come to my house for dinner too!

beth coyote said...

Thanks everyone!!!! You are all so lovely. The house wasn't the right one but under Rosemary's tender and watchful eye, I'll be fine and dandy during this process.

XXX Beth

beth coyote said...
This comment has been removed by the author.