Saturday, August 17, 2013

In a fog. I slept for about 73 hours. I had to get up because my back was hurting lying in bed for so long. Time to walk the dog, do errands and come back to the house to lie on the couch. Another 24 hours of call.

When I stand and look at myself in the mirror, I am perfectly round-belly and hips all round. Not 18 years old anymore, that's for sure. Even though I swam a mile yesterday, in the lake and then walked 3 miles. A 6 mile walk today. Makes no matter. I'm trying hypnosis.

I so wanted to be a silver fox sort of old woman in drapey sleeves and silver bracelets still able to get into the jeans I wore when I was 23. Not so much. Humility isn't easy.

All the babies are hale and hearty. And the mothers are too.

Today I feel more exhausted than I have in a long time. This too will pass.

5 comments:

Radish King said...

I have wrinkles on my knees. They, oddly, are the only NOT round part of me as you know.

WHERE IS OUR RAIN?

love,
Rebecca

Lisa said...

It's in Georgia. Please advise us where to send it. We are all building boats here.

Ms. Moon said...


Oh Beth! I wanted to be that sort of old woman too! The wrinkles...well...I can live with those. But the roundness? FUCK!
And yet, why are we so angry about what is obviously our destiny? We are not the sort of women who will be thin in old age unless we fight for it like demons or become very ill.
Neither of those solutions sounds very good to me.

beth coyote said...

Dear R-Your knees are perfectly lovely. Florida has our rain and I think we need to go on a road trip and get it back. We could visit Mary.

Hi Lisa-Pacific NorthWest. Anywhere along the coast as long as the ocean winds bring it eastward. Sorry about the boat building. I have a kayak you could use.

Mary-nope to fight for it or get sick. Shite. So I'm gonna be 145 # forever.

Mel said...

I love your dreamy foggy goose picture. I am not as active as you, but thanks for proving that it won't matter in the face of age and hormones. I wanted to be a silver fox too, but instead I got a hybrid of my mom and my grandma. Which also makes me tired.

When this passes, lets have a big party, ok? I'll be ready.