Thursday, November 29, 2012

I know I'm in California when...

Last night Maya and I went dancing. Hippie dance church, Clark calls it. And because it's Marin County, there were, um, some interesting people there. One guy, about my age, who said his name was Ah. That's right. Ah. He was wearing purple velour pants with a bulge.

And a gal dressed as a Tibetan nun with a 'service dog'. Maya said she is 'interesting'. Only in California.

Today we're planning a Point Reyes drive and it is, of course, raining. I don't care. I honestly don't. I'm with my daughters so I don't care what we do.

Tonight, Eden, as our resident chef, is making a feast. My ex-husband, the current wife, their kids, Maya, Shaun and Milo, Eden and Mel, and me will be here. Should be interesting. I won't speak ill of anyone but, whew. Feathers may fly. Or plates. Or words. It's complicated, all those personalities.

I'll report back.


1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

Interesting is good.