Thursday, August 02, 2012

I will admit to a wee bit of anxiety and depression. While looking at my garden this morning and wondering how to pay my taxes and continue to be a business person (not) with the whole effing burden of my clinic on my shoulders, I succumbed to depression or rather I became aware of my ongoing low level anxiety.

I dreamt the other night that a check fo $33,000 had just come in and, boy howdy, was I elated. I like being a midwife. I don't care for the worry about the business end. Everyone must be paid, supplies ordered, taxes and rent and oh yeah, I have to pay myself.

I look at my great big house and I want a cabin in Olympia that costs about $50 a month.

Whine whine whine.

I practice generosity daily or I try to.

Ok, enough of this. The sun is out and the filthy dog needs his swim.

At least the two remaining chickens are happy. And they give us eggs every day. Thanks, girls.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I have no reason to be depressed and anxious, and yet I am.
What good are these emotions? Even if we have reason for them? What do they serve?
I wish I knew.