Friday, February 24, 2012

O dear what a week it has been. We lept into puppy parenting as soon as we returned from Kauai.

So.

We drove up to Canada to pick up the pup and I forgot my passport. So Deb continued on over the border while I cooled my heels in Blaine in a motel. For two hours. Then I was asked to leave ( I guess my time turning tricks was over). They let me sit in the lobby until Deb returned with the pup, who had thrown up in his crate. It was a pleasant drive home, with the smell of puppy barf wafting through the car.

Do you know that puppies are BABIES? They cry. They pee on themselves. They poop on the rug.

They're hilarious. Felix has been trying in vain to befriend the katz. Hugo is permanently insulted that we brought a 'thing' into the house. And we are feeding Felix and fussing over him too. Hugo is the house king, not some dumb baby dog. Felix doesn't care that he looks a fool when he hops across the lawn. He and Hugo will never be friends. Never.

Meanwhile, we've had another baby wave, three in the last 24 hours.

Even on vacation, I delivered babies in my dreams.

4 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Lily's midwife is having a baby wave too. Funny, eh?
Enjoy YOUR new baby.

beth coyote said...

Thanks, Ms. Moon. I wish I were caring for Lily, just because you and I could jaw while she was in labor...

XXX B

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

Ahhhh, puppies...I have a 4 yr. old dog...not much past that stage if you ask me. We drove to Boston to get him. He cried all the way home in Dave's lap. I had to pet him the whole way for him to shut up and I was the one driving- a standard! He seemed to prefer women....I am so NOT a dog person, give me my little kitty.....who NEVER poops on the rug and never has......

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

Photos of Felix please!!