Monday, April 05, 2010

I did it. I have a new car, OMG. And I drove to the movies tonight to meet a new friend from my retreat. We saw the gawdawful Sandra Bullock thing, what were the Oscar people thinking??? Were they desperate??? But the best part is that I went to my new car after the movie and unlocked the door, the CAR ALARM WENT OFF FOREVER. I was frantically trying everything I could think of to get it to shut up. Nothing worked. I walked back into the theatre and called AAA. They had no relief for me. By this time, the alarm had ceased so I crept back there to see if it would behave but no, as soon as I put the key in the ignition, off it went again. Unbearable, it was so loud. I walked down the street and pretended it wasn't my car.

Then I had a brilliant idea. What if I used the clicker thing to unlock the door. Aha!!! the alarm didn't go off. Of course, the guy at the car store told me he had disarmed the alarm because I asked him too. Car alarms make me want to kill and smash, pacifist that I am.

And don't for heaven's sake, see the horrible Sandra Bullock movie. Everyone was terrible, even Kathy Bates. And there was one of those precocious kids in it, saying adult type phrases. Oh yuck. Blech.

No comments: