Sunday, February 03, 2008

Today was super football something or other and I watched for 5 minutes or so. I don't actually understand football or the national interest in sitting on the couch eating snack foods and yelling at the television. Profoundly a dimwit about it. It feels unpatriotic somehow but I would rather watch some BBC Jane Austin thing with my cat. Lola is watching tv right now. She really likes nature shows, of course. If there are birds or lizards, all the better. I do believe she is getting smarter and may begin to speak any day now. Football just doesn't hold her interest and I can't say I blame her.

Tomorrow is suicide support group, part II. Can't wait. I don't think we had homework. I just wonder if I have to tell my story again. I might be tempted to embellish a bit. My friend Patty told me a whole bunch of cannibal jokes tonight and then she wondered if it was appropriate. I think cannibal jokes are perfect for most occasions even though I don't personally know any cannibals.

No comments: