Thursday, April 28, 2011

I went to the dentist this morning so now I'm drooling out of both sides of my mouth. But, dang, my teeth are clean!

The hygienist next to me had a kid in her chair. They talked about Mr Air and Miss Water and which color sunglasses did she want to put on (green). My childhood dentist was named Doctor Hummer. He did hum while he worked and he was a sadist because he never used novocaine. Ever. You just griped the chair arms, breathed deeply and let the tears slide slowly down your face.

In other news, it's about 14 degrees here but I'm going out to shovel mulch and pretend it's Spring since it's almost May. I say encouraging things to my garden like, "chin up, at least it's sunny!" and "aw, c'mon, at least there aren't any slugs." The garden looks sullen regardless.

Then I'll romp with my imaginary dogs, Gina and JP while herding the imaginary chickens.

LA LA LA and wait for the unicorns.

2 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

My ex boyfriend would always try to get them not to use Novocaine. He hated having a numb face so much he would rather feel the pain. I could not relate.

beth coyote said...

Me neither. Sometimes, being out of pain is a GOOD thing!