Sunday, April 07, 2013

The Power of Bumper Stickers

Today I walked into Elliot Bay, my favorite bookstore and someone behind me kept saying, 'Hello, hello!" I turned around and a young woman was walking toward me. She asked if I was a midwife. Apparently my car bumper stickers led her and her husband on a quest to find me. They looked into my car and saw that my back seat was dogged out with tennis balls and a dog bed. They went across the street to the park looking for a woman with a dog. They actually found one and asked her if she was a midwife...nope, no luck. They saw me put my dance bag in my car and head for the bookstore.

So we have an appointment on Wednesday to meet formally. She's due in August.


2 comments:

Ellena said...

It was written in their stars. You are the one entrusted to share a very special day with them.

Marylinn Kelly said...

"We're all just walking each other home." my favorite Ram Dass. Of course they found you. xo