Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm going to pretend it's cooler today. A light rain is falling. The (blank) Blue Angels are not doing trials over my house/neighborhood.

Yes, it's that weekend. The weekend we of Columbia City love or hate. No middle ground. An unholy stillness falls. The animals and birds hide. For days. I have been known to cry. It's the noise. And these are fighter planes. Somewhere they are dropping bombs on people, on the earth, etc.

Hydroplanes are just stupid. They go real fast. Duh.

Ah, the planes have begun. It must be a bit after 10 AM.

2 comments:

Marta Sanchez said...

Beth you make me laugh. And having almost got caught in the torchlight parade in my car I completely understand!

beth coyote said...

Fie on SeaFair, fie I say!!!! If I didn't live RIGHT HERE at the hub, I might feel different but, nope, once a year, drunks peeing on my lawn and yelling at each other after a fine day in the sun, too much beer and hydro-noise etc. ARGG.