Friday, November 14, 2014

BTW, the photo is a swimming pool in some swanky mansion. I'd swim there. I would. Watch me. Especially if they have a hot tub and you KNOW they do. I praise all the god and goddess forms for my local swimming pool RIGHT DOWN THE HILLL I CAN WALK THERE for their heated building, heated pool and hot tub and sauna. Oh yes I do.  Enough of capitol letters.

Last night the compressor kept going on. I finally called Jim and he told me to go unplug it in the basement. Ah-ha! I could have figured that out if it hadn't been 10 at night. I thought perhaps someone was trying to steal it. Why I thought that I have no idea. It would be too hard to steal anything around here.

Now the men are out there completing the roofline. They'll be putting up plywood and then the roofer people will come over and give me a new roof. This is very exciting. No more tarps to flap in the wind. No more crashing rain sounds. I don't think the warmth factor will be improved, however.  I've had the furnace on ever since the blanket wall went up so I'm warm-ish. Polar fleece and giant slippers were designed for this weather.

I've looked at my money situation (hahahahahahahahaha) for signs that I will have enough cash for the completion of this project. I never feel safe. And there are good reasons for that. Being homeless for a while is one reason. Being alone is another. Then there is cosmic insecurity which I suffer from. Global anxiety. Meditation helps some.

The guy selling the Real Change outside the co-op chatted with me a while. I asked if he had a warm place to sleep and he said he did. And he has katz. Mine make pockets of warmth around my knees. Lola likes to swat me in the face in the morning. Just for fun.

The sky today is the clearest blue.

7 comments:

Jo said...

Ohmygod. I would swim there too. Faint*

I hope you stay warm!

Ms. Moon said...

Okay. I did not realize that was a pool. Holy shit!
Yeah...
My cat seems to want me to get up early to watch her eat. And then she is satisfied and we go back to bed. I would be so annoyed but it is so nice to have her to help keep me warm with her softness.
Yes, please. Have enough money for this reconstruction. All of it.
Sending love and warmth.

mary i said...

Yes the pool is awesome. What I got out of your post Is that you asked a Person If they had a Warm place to Sleep( i have also been without a home in my life) Made me tear up and say Thanks for People like You...(all caps are on purpose like wise the lower case) Good wishes and Warmth.Hugs from a Person in alabama...

mary i said...

Ps: i thought about my comment for a bit. I would take a Person of need with me to this pool,and feed them the best that there was. Also when I use the term "Person" i really mean- Human Being. sorry so deep I am sleepy. Nite-Nite...

beth coyote said...

Jo-waering all my clothes

Mary-XO

mary i- welcome to my world. And thanks.

Sabine said...

If this planet was a tad smaller you could come over and stay in our house for the time being, we finally have proper insulation and all the stuff required to get through artic winters - which so far never happened - but alas, the LOCAL POOLS are not very nice.
Hot water bottles? Hot water bottles!

Betsy MacWhinney said...

I don't even GET how that's a swimming pool. It's like an optical illusion. Can swimming in that pool be on one's bucket list?