!. Forget sleeping in. Puppies need to pee/poop at 6AM. Or earlier. And you have to run to the door. Otherwise the poop may end up on the rug in front of the door.
2. Puppies have more energy than a room full of two year olds. Puppies jump three or four feet into the air. Straight up.
3. Puppies think that cats can be convinced to play with them. Even if they're hissing and growling.
4. Puppies run around like goofballs. One guy today called my puppy a 'knucklehead". He was right.
5. Puppies will eat anything. I mean anything. You spend a certain amount of time digging bits of detritus out of their mouth.
6. Puppies bark at cars, people, dust, shadows and absolutely nothing.
7. Puppies can make you laugh until you're weeping. In the back yard. In your pajamas. In the rain.