Friday, March 09, 2012

All in all, a good day. A trip to the emission station with my trusty Blueberry. Passed. Am I glad I don't have that job. And perhaps there are decent benefits and a union to join. And there is the snazzy uniform.

My therapist is on the fourth floor of the Smith building, a landmark building in Pioneer Square. I make myself climb the stairs, all 543 of them. I'm winded when I arrive at her door. I hope she never moves up another floor. I'll need the servants to carry me up there. It takes me 10 minutes to get my breath before I can talk.

Then to the dog park, in the rain. Muddy dog to dump into the tub as soon as we got home. He's very fond of humping other dogs Great. Dog behavior.

On call. Waiting for the ladies to go into labor.

5 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I am thinking of you SO much these days. No mystery there. Lily is just about to hit her due date. She is gorgeous and healthy and this is gonna be one fine birth.

beth coyote said...

O my dear. May she have a beautiful, love-filled birth. May the angels look in and sing the sweetest songs. May this babe be the best babe ever born (except for Owen and Milo, of course).

Sending you and Lily midwiferly love,

Beth

nnygrl said...

Met an OB nurse yesterday who is nuts for Ina May. She went on and on about how docs have a lot to learn, etc. Thought you'd get a kick out of it

beth coyote said...

We have a lot of OB nurses in our practice. They say, 'hell no, not having MY baby in a hospital!"

XXX your sis

beth coyote said...

We have a lot of OB nurses in our practice. They say, 'hell no, not having MY baby in a hospital!"

XXX your sis