Monday, November 22, 2010

Today at Firestone tires I learned these things:

1. On Days of Our Lives you can get married and keep the children, even the autistic one.
2. The older people in DOOL wear earphone things which probably are giving them line prompts.
3. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread when snow hits the highways and the fools have 4 wheel drive and think they can go REAL FAST and they and their big-ass cars flip over causing massive back-ups for all the other cars, especially the ones running out of gas with little kids in the back.
4. Sheesh.
5. The nice man at Firestone showed me how easy it is to install chains on my car except that when I am actually installing chains on my car, it will be 23 below zero and dark and I'll be kneeling in the slush while semis thunder by, making my little car vibrate and my hands are frozen blocks of ice and I'm cursing a long string of expletives and wondering why, o lord, why.
6. My brain is permanently in angelic time, time where laughter and chocolate and music and art live.
7. Howl is one of the most heavenly poems ever written. I read it when I was 15 and had no idea what I was holding in my hands. Bless you, Allen.
---I'm with you in Rockland
in my dreams you walk dripping from a sea-
journey on the highway across America in tears
to the door of my cottage in the Western night

Allen Ginsberg

1 comment:

Laura Gamache said...

love your list - and the angel baby photo!