Tuesday, February 26, 2008

today is my birthday and the cats are on a DIET. They are inconsolable. They lie in wait for us at dinnertime, meowing and tossing their starving eyes our way. I've tried to explain about diseases and diabetes but they could care less. Lola was out eating grass earlier. It was so pathetic. I have to write a poem for Thursday's group. I hope my writer friends can tolerate a few more suicide poems. It's all I can seem to write lately. For some reason.

My friend Jude took me to lunch at a fancy veg restaurant today and the food was beautiful. I don't use that word lightly either. It was so good we were sort of licking the plates. Discreetly, of course. I've already admitted to Jude that I have been using her meditation bench for several months. She left it at my house so I started using it. One day I turned it over and there was her name. oops. I told her and she said, aw, keep it. We figured out that we are sharing butt sitting practice. We might all go to India together at the end of the year. For a month. Whoa.

Oh, I almost forgot. Maya sent me TWO PAIRS OF SHOES for my birthday. Danskos, red ones and black ones. I almost passed out from happiness. The best present ever.

3 comments:

Radish King said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Party tomorrow, my house.
xor

beth coyote said...

totally

GoGo said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I always appreciate that return around the sun where my life began.

~GoGo