Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I just learned that the meter reader guy has BINOCULARS for looking at meters in yards where there are dogs. He says that summer is harder because of the leaves. Pure genius.

There's someone in early labor but I will commence with xmas fiddling. I have to wrap and mail and continue knitting and hope I still have addresses for people who need some grape jelly. Many jars have been on the counter since September and now they must be sent off. The jelly is amber this year. Very pretty.

Eden always gives me mending and hemming to do whenever I visit her and this year she's getting it all back in her xmas box. Sometimes she expects a miracle to occur with pants that are shredded and unmendable. This time she gave me socks I made for her with large holes in the heels. People! When homemade socks are holey, repairs are possible if the holes are no bigger than a quarter. After that it's hopeless. I just have to whip up new socks which I don't mind doing. They do take a while.


1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I have my grandmother's darning egg and no idea what to do with it.
Nor do I know how to "whip up" socks.
Jeez. I suck.