Sunday, August 12, 2012

I know, I know, you can't really see her. But I went to a Melissa Etheridge concert tonight and I danced in my bare feet by the stage and I didn't care that I might have looked a fool. Actually, I think everybody WANTS to dance but they're too worried that they'll look silly. So they kind of sway and wiggle their bottoms a little while Melissa is hollering and stomping and the guitars are screaming-I mean we're supposed to go crazy.

And it was outside at the zoo so we benefitted animals. Although I have a conflicted relationship with zoos, all the sad critters. We passed the flamingo enclosure tonight. They're pink because they eat pink shrimp. What if we could eat beets and become maroon? Or carrot orange?

So I danced and danced and now I have grass colored feet.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I remember dancing with my kids right in front of the stage at a BB King concert and it was one of the best nights of my life. There were people SITTING THERE, barely moving, and I wondered how in hell that happened. How can you not dance?
Have you ever seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQpyxh3xpv8
Be still my heart.