Monday, November 09, 2009

I put my sweetheart on the train to Portland so early I saw the beautiful glorious sunrise and the sparkly Cascade mountains. Sometimes I'm knocked out by Seattle. Last night we walked along the Sound via the sculpture garden and Elliot Bay Park as it got dark. More heavy purple curtain with orange light around the edges. Huge freighters waiting by the grain elevator. West Seattle off in the distance. A bicycle with neon tires that changed colors. A neon & sign revolving over Love & Loss. And we're not getting pounded by rain.

Another mess of leaves to rake.

We ate at Plum last night, my new favorite vegan restaurant. We tried the mac 'n yease that was so good I wanted to lick the plate. Creamy and slightly spicy, oh yum. I asked what was in it. The waitperson said, "Oh, yeast and vegan cheese (yetch) and secret ingredients." How could vegan cheese taste good? It's nasty. Anyway, the chef is not revealing her secrets. I'm gonna experiment at home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Starting to write again. My new plan: 1. semi-retire. 2. move to Olympia, buy a house in the woods. 3. Open a spa for women. 4. Practice midwifery a little. 5. Write and meditate in my studio surrounded by trees as a fire crackles in the grate ( Ala Charles Dickens).

No comments: