Friday, September 18, 2009

Scrolling back into the dark days of winter. I noticed the grape leaves are starting to turn. Oh gawd, time for grape picking and grape jelly making, a major ordeal. I love the taste, especially the juice. But the mountains of sugar, the spillage on floor, stove and counters and the burned fingers when dealing with boiling liquids. 

Maybe I'll get an unsuspecting friend to help me. In exchange for jelly, lots 'o jelly.

It is beautiful to behold all those jars with amber and pink light coming through them. 

In the next few weeks, I am expecting many men to swarm over my house fixing leaky gutters, peeling paint, sagging decks and so forth. There will also be an upheaval in the kitchen with massive sanding of cabinets. I have to remove all items from the kitchen, all items. Into the dining room. The kitchen will be plasticked off and the noise of sanders will begin. Oh yeah. It aughta be fun. 

Then let winter come. I'll be ready. Snug, with grape jelly for company.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

How odd!

from my blog: The jam jars look like jewels on my counter. They look extraordinary in this weird half storm half sun light.

from your blog: It is beautiful to behold all those jars with amber and pink light coming through them.


Must be a jam thing?

beth coyote said...

Jars from years gone by, in the window all year. some years pink, some years yellowish. I never know what color they'll be. This year the grapes are more green-so amber.