Saturday, January 10, 2009

I just saw "Slumdog Millionaire" and it made me want to go back to India, Mumbai yikes. The mountains of trash, slums, incessant traffic, horns honking and dirty, raggety little kids begging. The movie kinda gets it right, the garbage and the beauty, saris in all colors next to flea bitten dogs. I have a fever, India fever...

Martha actually wrote an ode for the inauguration (I almost said coronation). She used quotes and the right form. She did the assignment. I looked at it and dismissed it but not Martha. And, as ever, she was color coordinated. And Martha is our punctuation person. Without her, we would all be lost in the hell of misplaced commas and incorrect---. Thank Thor she is there to straighten us out.

I think I will start thanking ancient gods and goddesses for stuff. Especially Demeter for letting us have a bit more light every day. This darkness at four in the afternoon is positively depressing. And Persephone, the twit, don't get me started.

1 comment:

Valerie Loveland said...

I still haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire. I have to make sure I don't miss it while it is still in theaters.