Friday, October 10, 2008

Count 'em, 8 days until I leave. Then I won't be doing any blogging for a month. I'm gonna disconnect from everything, email, cell phone, the works. And the election will be over. If it doesn't go the right way, I won't be back. I could be a midwife in India. Or Nepal.

I saw the latest Coen Brother's movie tonight, Burn Before Reading. I love those guys. I've loved them ever since Blood Simple, which I saw at the film festival. In this movie, George Clooney has the crazy eyes. And Tilda Swinton is at her brittle best. But John Malkovich, slightly cross-eyed and yelling f-you every other word, manic genius.

I got my hair ironed again today. My hair feels like feathers, like I am going to start flapping.

Rebecca Loudon's new book, Cadaver Dogs, is beautiful and brilliant. Go buy it, many copies. And when she reads. go hear her and thank her. That's an order.

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

i want to both see that movie and read that book! you are going to have such an adventure. so awesome.

beth coyote said...

And I'll be gone for the election results. Egad.