Monday, May 26, 2008

suspended animation. I kept waking up in a sweat, turned on the fan, then had to get the blanket, but didn't turn off the fan until morning. Watched West Side Story last night. Wow. I must have been 14 or so when I saw it for the first time. I think I went with my dad. It was/is incredible. Just the opening prelude, the Manhattan skyline in different colors, that lush Leonard Bernstein score and Jerome Robbins choreography--wow, wow, the first scene, there is no talking for 5 minutes or so, just dancing and finger snapping. I found myself grinning even tho I knew Natalie Wood can't really sing and it isn't her voice.

Today, I'm waiting for a baby.

My yoga teacher sings to us and puts scented eye pillows on our eyes when we are relaxing at the end of class. I want to stay in the studio all day. It feels safe there and I don't have to talk to anyone. She had us do a reverse twist triangle pose today and I almost fell over--ha, not quite.

My garden is busting at the seams. Busting, I tell you.

1 comment:

Esther Altshul Helfgott said...

Beth,

It's good to see your voice again.

Esther