Saturday, October 04, 2014

Slept fitfully. Most have known Lynn was running between two births while I slept. She almost called me but didn't at the end. We have a baby in the hospital, happens sometimes. He's ok, just needs a bit of monitoring.

Tonight I'm having dinner with friends. After, we're going to an improv theatre group that listens to audience stories and then acts them out. The topic-'Coming out'.

We've all got a story or two there. After watching all five seasons of 'Queer as Folk', I might actually be a gay man. I'm not sure.

I came out so long ago. Seems like a dream. Terrifying liberation. And no, dear therapist, it didn't last for six weeks. It's been forty-six years.

Is that right? Gawd. I must be OLD.

Post coming out artist I was in love with. Still am.



I left the front door wide open all night. I did.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

It is good that hospitals are there for when we need them.
I can't imagine how difficult it must have been all those years ago to come out. Oh, the stories you and I could tell. No, I've never come out myself but still, I have stories. Not mine to tell on the internet but face-to-face- I would tell you everything.
I love you to pieces, Beth Coyote.
And WHY did you leave the front door open?

beth coyote said...

I would tell you everything too.

I think I was so tired last night, I left the door open for the dog and forgot to close it.

Oops.

And bless my neighborhood. All was still here this morning. Remarkable.

XXXXX Beth

Betsy MacWhinney said...

I would tell you ladies everything too.
And that was SO fun, to meet your friends and to see, live on stage, your coming out story acted out! Crock pot indeed.

xoxoxo