Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I'm listening to Rene Fleming sing from La Traviata, complete with a dress that is half falling off her shoulders. I could do the dress falling off part but not the singing. She's in St Petersburg too and I am in my living room in Seattle. There aren't any onion shaped domes out the window or canals full of water. There, you see, another difference. Plus the high C. Oh, they're in a Russian palace.

I just made a cheese-less cheesecake all vegan and raw and so divine. (and costing $$$$$ for ingredients)

Crust: 2 cups macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup dates-grind in a cuisinart and press into a spring form pan. Dust with coconut flakes first.

Filling: 3 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours, 3/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 cup agave or maple syrup, 3/4 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp salt-puree in cuisinart and pour over crust.

Freeze until firm. Take out an hour before, loosen from the pan sides, garnish with raspberries and yummmmmm !!!!

After my dinner guests are done, I'm taking all leftovers to my neighbors so I'm not temped to eat the rest and gain 20 pounds.

2 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

I am the same way. I have to get delicious food out of the house or I will hog the whole thing.

This morning I finished off the ice cream.

beth coyote said...

See what I mean.