Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The AT & T store did back-flips for me today when I took the phones in that DID NOT WORK in Haiti. While we were there, Karen and I stuck to each other so it wasn't so important to have phones. I just thought I was a damn genius to think of buying phones that would work there. Plus with a missing bag with my tent, mosquito netting, thermarest and food in it, at least we would have phones, yeah!

I'm still not right. Or the world isn't right. This agoraphobic thing I get into is tedious.

There are just too many ghosts.

3 comments:

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

I bought a Blackberry phone for my son who was going to Germany last year with a friend for 3 weeks. I couldn't believe that we could not just put an international calling plan on his existing phone! What a huge expense (re: rip off), but we felt that since he was not flying together with his friend and his father, that if he needed to contact them it would be essential, especially since he had to change planes in Amsterdam. He had never flown before (he was 23 @ the time - my baby (ok, ok, I hear ya). I must have spent 2 hours at the AT&T store figuring it all out. Then had to remember to cancel it as soon as he got home or the costs would have been ridiculous. He called me once to tell me he got there. They told us at the store that he should leave it off, so no one would call him, since it was 50 cents a minute. Jeez....How can you be agoraphobic when you travel this much? Or does it just hit you? Hope you are feeling better(from your cold...)

beth coyote said...

The bigger world LIVES on cell phones, the poorest countries. In India, you'd see a whole family crammed onto a scooter, baby and all and the driver on the phone! In Haiti, all the translators had phones. They played music, watched videos and played games on their phones. In the wrecked city...

Valerie Loveland said...

That is surreal about the phones.