Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I bought a new MAC for my office and it is so beautiful I want to live at my clinic so I can use it. What was I ever thinking all those years with ugly PCs? I bought one of those big screen flat things and it makes my laptop so...dinky. I could make the case for taking this one home and using my laptop at the office. And no wires and no spam and easy to read and soooooo pretty. 

I leave for India in 25 days. There is STILL a wedding ring mark on my finger. Maybe it's permanent. Gawd. India will erase it, I hope. An exorcism may be in order. Or a tattoo, some kind of flesh offering. I did leave the tip of my little finger in my gym bag, reached in to find my comb and a razor sliced it right off, ouch. I went to the desk and asked nicely for a bandaid while bleeding on the floor. Total biohazard. 

When I come back from my trip, Obama will be president and he will have inherited a huge crapola mess. I wonder where all the crooks go when they die? Are they recycled as bugs? slime mold? jello mold? permafrost? jujubes? Remember those? I pulled out fillings with jujubes, oh and turkish taffy too. I was an odd child, too much Greek and Roman mythology as a 6th grader. I read anything I could get my hands on. Medusa with the snakey hair, now that was a fantastic woman, turned mortals into salt if they looked at her. Yas.

4 comments:

Apple said...

Icaved!

And now I'm the owner of a beautiful, 24" Imac at home, too. You should have seen my face the moment I turned it on for the first time. My cartoon ahh-ooogah eyes activated and I will never go back.

Valerie Loveland said...

Yesterday I was working at the glass studio and someone cut a flap onto their finger (a la Sylvia Plath). I cut mine too but it was just a couple tiny paper-cut style cuts.

People cut themselves a lot less than I thought they would while working with glass, but some days it seems like everyone gets cut.

Hope your finger is okay.

beth coyote said...

I LOVE MY MAC---I AM A GROSS MATERIALIST AND I DON'T EVEN CARE. SO PUT ME IN JAIL.

beth coyote said...

And Valerie-it is healing nicely, doesn't even look dramatic.