Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This morning I made bread. Whole wheat bread. With pumpkin and sunflower seeds in it. I don't care that I am slightly allergic to wheat ( a stupid allergy if there ever was one). Warm bread from the oven is HEAVEN. The original comfort food.

Then I went and bought tickets to a ZooTunes concert. This is an outdoor summer series and you sit on the grass. There are a million rules, fer cripes sake. Your chair can't be more than 24 inches high. You can't drink or smoke. You can't have balloons or 'flags'. So Seattle. Gone are the days when you sit on each other's shoulders, take off your shirt and light your hair on fire. On acid.

I'm still thinking about Haiti. The heat is in my blood. The air here is so clean. And everything is fresh and sparkly. I don't understand why I can make bread and have health care and other humans can't.

My roses are all in bloom at once. They're bright yellow with wicked thorns. They were here when I moved in. I prune them carefully. They're not like those anemic store roses. They're flagrant and sassy.

4 comments:

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

I want some bread! Hot here, not bread baking weather. Besides my unrelenting UTI is making me not want to do anything!

beth coyote said...

Oh dear, I move into practitioner mode-UTI wise. Get better soon, k?

~Beth (take vit C, drink gallons, etc)

Wendy Birdseye Pavlus said...

Been there done that, not going away. Urologist next week. Yuck.

Valerie Loveland said...

Nobody appreciates clean air.

That bread sounds delicious! I like seeds in my bread.