Friday, December 07, 2018


Yesterday Felix and I went to Tiger Mountain, about 20 miles outside Seattle for a hike. Homeless encampment #4 was back, at the entrance to the trailhead, just off the freeway. As you can see, it's very cold now.

I stopped in at the admin, a blue tarp shelter with two large kerosene heaters and a few guys hanging out. The cigarette smoke was thick. I gave them a twenty and wished them well.

That's all. I got back in my warm car after we hiked and drove home to my warm house. my big warm house.

People sleeping 'rough'.

Compassion means empathy and concern for the suffering and misfortunes of others. May we all see with our open hearts the suffering and misfortune of others. No judgment. No fear. No pity. Open hearts.

1 comment:

Ms. Moon said...

I think that is a beautiful thing to strive for, Beth. It is so clear-cut and plain. I do try but I know I could do so much better. Thank you for your wise and loving perspective once again.